Tuesday, February 5, 2013

tripping around town

The thing with going around in the unfamiliar town independently is that you don't really know where to go, unless you've got a specific thing you want to see - for example antiquarian bookshops - that was easy - you ask around, you go and see. But when you ask people to direct you to a location with an interesting interior it's where it gets tricky. Because everybody has got a very personal understanding of what a good interior looks like.
What makes a good interior?
That is the question I ask myself all the time. What does it mean for me?
For me a good interior is an appropriate interior. Interior that is inspired by the function of the room not purely by aesthetics. Don't get me wrong - I hate purely functional spaces with a lack of personality. The challenge in interior design for me is to create an appealing space making the functional side of it exciting.

I love interactive interiors, interiors you can personalise by easily moving things around. I like malleable spaces that can change from open to private.
I think I would a hell of a good time designing a NOT stereotypical office.

No comments:

Post a Comment